Enter this issue's Challenge
This time the theme is monochrome. The true test of a photographer's eye... capturing the world in tones of one colour only. Whether you opt for black-and-white, sepia, or use another toning effect for your creative take is up to you, as is your subject.
For inspiration, read all about how to shoot in monochrome in the October-December issue, then submit your best shot. Remember, it's only one entry per person, plus your entry must have been taken in the last 12 months prior to the closing date.
The winner of the challenge will win £75 to spend in EOS magazine shop, and selected entries will be published in the January-March 2021 issue of EOS magazine.
Closing date: Saturday 14 November 2020
Not yet a subscriber?
This challenge is open to all current magazine subscribers. If you're not yet a member, where have you been? Here's how to join our exclusive Canon clan...
• You must be a current EOS magazine subscriber to enter (print/digital/app).
• You may enter one image for each challenge.
• Your submitted image must be a JPEG file, no more than 2MB in size when compressed.
• We may contact you for a higher resolution file if your image is selected for publication.
• The image must have been shot with an EOS camera, but not necessarily a Canon lens.
• The image must have been taken within the 12 month period prior to the closing date.
• The image must have been taken by you and you must have permission, where appropriate, for its publication.
• In addition to the winning image, we may publish other entries in the magazine. All published images will be paid for at standard contributor rates.
• You retain copyright of the image.
• Your entry must be submitted no later than midnight (GMT) on Saturday 14 November 2020.
• The winner will receive £75 to spend in EOS magazine shop. The voucher is only valid for the shop and not for any other services offered by Robert Scott Publishing.
• We reserve the right to substitute the prize for something of equal or greater value.
• The judges' decision is final.
• Try and shoot something to match the theme, rather than submitting an older image you think fits the theme. This often makes for better results, and chances of success.
• Maximum file size permitted is 2MB, but make sure you have a larger file in case we need it for publication.
• Your entry should be JPEG format. No RAW files please.
• You must be a current EOS magazine subscriber to enter. Your details will be checked...
• Make sure you supply up-to-date contact details when submitting your image – we may need to contact you!